….. weighing….. I’m back on the diet with herbal tea and all ….. as I still need to lose 2.5 kg to achieve my goal.
Here a is a fantastic recipe for: Turbo quick sour milk rye bred (via www.leila.se) to help me on the way.
This quick sour milk rye bread has become my big favourite….. because it’s a recipe that can easily be varied….. use for example nuts like almonds, walnuts or pecans, or use preserved raw lingonberries or dried fruits….. and an easier baking powder bread is hard to find.
2 ½ cups sour milk
100 ml dark syrup
100 ml dried apricots or figs
100 ml hazelnuts
100 ml raisins
100 ml crushed wheat
100 ml crushed rye
100 ml rolled oats
250 ml rye flower
300 ml all-purpose flour
100 ml linseeds
100 ml sunflower seeds
1 ½ teaspoon salt
1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
1 ½ teaspoon bicarbonate
2 teaspoons bread spices
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F/200°C.
2. Mix the sour milk and syrup together in a bowl.
3. Chop the fruit and hazelnuts into chunks and blend with the raisins and all the other dry ingredients. Mix with the sour milk blend.
4. Line a loaf pan generously with parchment paper.
5. Spoon the batter into the loaf pan, sprinkle the top with rolled oats and bake the bread for about 45 minutes.